It is with great honor and enthusiasm that I write this message to introduce myself as the principal of Challenge Preparatory Charter School. As principal, I consider it a privilege to serve students, staff, families, and my home community of Far Rockaway. I have been dedicated to the field of education for more than 15 years. Prior to accepting the position as principal, I was the AP/Literacy Coach for Challenge Preparatory Charter School. I have truly seen an impact of change over the past year and will continue to build upon the foundation of high expectations that has been set to propel our students and school community to greater academic and social success.
I am committed to this community and will continue to establish the following standards of excellence by:
- Preparing students to excel while ensuring they can compete successfully for admission to high performing public, private and parochial schools in NYC.
- Creating a safe, warm and supportive environment that is conducive for learning.
- Promoting a culture and climate within the classroom that ensures all students are successful, emphasizing the need to accommodate the needs and strengths of a diverse population.
- Creating a curriculum that is standards-based, challenging and forward-focused in meeting 21st century content and skills.
- Committing to treat parents, guardians, and families as true partners in their child’s education.
Wishing you all the best!
Ms. Nicole Griffin, Principal